Updated: January 17, 2008 11:10:50 AM
Type: Misleading Application
Infection Length: 407,468 bytes
Publisher: KiVVi Software
Risk Impact: Low
BehaviorOSX.Macsweeper is a misleading application for OSX that may give exaggerated reports about threats on your computer.
- Initial Rapid Release version pending
- Latest Rapid Release version pending
- Initial Daily Certified version January 17, 2008 revision 033
- Latest Daily Certified version January 17, 2008 revision 033
- Initial Weekly Certified release date January 16, 2008
This misleading application may be silently installed by another program. It may also be manually installed from the Web site.
When the program is executed, it may remove unnecessary files and files that contain private information.
It also reports false or exaggerated system security threats on the computer.
The program then prompts the user to purchase a registered version of the software in order to remove the reported problems.
When the program is installed, it creates the following file: